What Is Eyebrow Microblading? What Are Its Pros and Cons?
If you’re a consumer of popular culture, chances are you’ve always wondered how celebrities have such impeccably beautiful and arched eyebrows. Always full, always thick. Perhaps, that’s why they were chosen to do what they do. You too can get immaculate and fancy eyebrows like that. Through a procedure call eyebrow microblading.
What is eyebrow microblading?
Eyebrow microblading is a non-invasive technique where a semi-permanent tattoo ink is used to fill in the area of your eyebrows. The procedure will create the illusion of having a much thicker and neater brow line. The needles used in this procedure are micro-thin and are placed next to each other to form a blade. The blade is dipped into the pigment which is then deposited onto the outer layer of the skin.
The procedure takes a while to complete and may also require a few sittings in order to achieve the ‘perfect’ look. Since there are needles involved, the procedure can sting a little. Your skin will feel sore and red after. But with time, they will subside and you will be left with neat-looking brows.
There are many names for this technique. Some fancy, like ‘eyebrow embroidery’ or ‘cosmetic tattooing’ and some quite technical such as eyebrow microblading. Nonetheless, no matter what you call it, it’s the same procedure.
Pros of Eyebrow Microblading
There are many advantages to eyebrow microblading, which is why so many of them get it done in the first place. Here are a few.
- It is a semi-permanent solution for uneven and thin eyebrows. While the ink fades with time, you can enjoy a few good months without having to fill in your brows every day.
- It is highly useful for those who have lost hair due to over-plucking, Alopecia, illness, or chemo.
- The procedure hardly takes an hour or so.
- You can see the results immediately. There is no waiting time to see the end result or recovery time after. You can carry on with your life normally without any disruption to your routine.
- If you got your eyebrows done at a professional clinic such as Scalp Allure, you get flawless brows as expected.
- It is a completely safe and pain-free procedure. You may experience some soreness initially, but it goes away within a few days.
Cons of Eyebrow Microblading
Where there are pros, there ought to be cons. However, the cons of eyebrow microblading are negligible.
- You need to choose the right specialist to do your microblading. The wrong technician can make your brows look uneven and you may have to pay more to get it corrected.
- Similarly, cheap clinics use sub-par tools and inks for microblading that may not be good for your skin and health.
- Microbladed eyebrows fade over time. You have to go back to get it filled once it fades.
If you are looking for a microblading expert in Maryland, then look no further than Scalp Allure. We utilize the best techniques and tools to deliver more than what our clients expect. Our 99 percent success rate is a testament to our commitment to quality service. Come, see for yourself. Talk to our consultants today!